We meet the third Monday of each month from September to April at 5:30 pm.
We meet at a members home. If you need directions, please email the contact at the bottom of this page.
At each meeting, we have a show and tell section where we show what we have been weaving and spinning.
10 Dec 2018. Monday, 5:30 pm. Christmas Party. Bring a weaving that has a special meaning for you.
21 Jan 2019. Monday, 5:30 pm. Kumihimo.
18 Feb 2019. Monday, 5:30 pm. Mexican Weaving.
18 Mar 2019. Monday, 5:30 pm. Skeleton tie-up and turning a draft.
17 Apr 2019. Monday, 5:30 pm.
Fiber Galore - Weaving and other Fiber Arts
Presented through St. George Arts by the St. George Weaving Studio , February 1, 2019 - February 25, 2019
Schedule of events:
- Show dates: February 1, 2019 - February 25, 2019
- Opening Reception: February 1, 2019 from 4 pm to 7 pm at the Red Cliffs Gallery
- Deadline for submitting entries is January 5, 2019
- Notification of acceptance will be made by January 12
- Works received at gallery on January 29, 2019 between 1:30 and 4:00 p.m.
- Mailed worked received no later than Monday, January 28, 2019
- Entries picked up at the Gallery on Monday the 25th of February 2019 between 1:00 p.m. and 4:30 p.m.
Opening Reception February 1, 2019 4:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. at the Red Cliff Gallery Gallery Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday - Friday, Saturday 16 Feb from 10 am to 4pm, 2nd East and 2nd North St. George, Utah
This is an invitation for Fiber Artists to submit entries for the 2019 Fiber Galore Show.
A variety of fiber art techniques are welcome, including , but not limited to weaving, spinning & dyeing, basketry, felting, papermaking, knitting, crocheting and embroidery.
- All entries must be Original Fiber art (i.e. not from kits or copyrighted materials or design).
- Acceptance will be based on artistic value, aesthetics, originality, craftsmanship and suitability of technique.
- Entries should not have been previously exhibited in St. George.
$10 for 2-3 submissions. Entry fees will be collected when the accepted pieces are delivered to the gallery. The entry fee is non-refundable and will be used for awards.
People’s Choice and categorical recognition awards will be granted.
Deadline for submitting entries is January 5, 2019
Notification of acceptance will be made by January 12. Entries should be submitted by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to: Sandberg, 1068 W. 560 N. St. George, UT 84770
All submissions must include:
- Phone Number
- Email address
- By email, two (2) images in JPG format no larger than 5 MB at approximately 4200 x 3200 pixels
- By mail, two color photos 4 x 6 or larger
- One image to show the overall visual of the piece and the other to show close-up technique and detail for each piece you enter.
- A written detailed description for each must include fiber content or materials used, techniques and dimensions of the piece. If a printed pattern/design is used, the source must be given.
- The sales price if the item is for sale. Artists whose work is sold as a result of the Show will donate ten percent of sale price to the Sponsors (St. George Weaving Studio). (Patron will contact artist, artist will contact Sandberg - SOLD tag will be placed on piece.)
- You may include an Artists statement if you wish.
- Accepted entries must be ready to hang. Any specific hanging or display instructions must be included and will be taken into consideration.
Accepted works will be received at the Red Cliff Gallery, located at 200 East and 210 North, St. George, UT 84770 on January 29, 2019 between 1:30 and 4:00 p.m. If an accepted entry must be shipped, it should be shipped to: Sandberg, 1068 W. 560 N. St. George, UT 84770. Return shipping charges must be included with entry. Mailed work must be received no later than Monday, January 28, 2019.
Each piece must have an Identity slips
While entries will be handled with utmost care, participants are responsible for insuring their own work. All entries must remain on display for the duration of the show.
At various events, we demonstrate weaving and spinning in order to get awareness and to tell people about our weaving branch. If you help at one of these events, there will be a warped loom with the weft available. You can weave on the loom or bring your own spinning wheel, inkle loom or card loom.
The St. George Weaving Studio has classes at 400 S. Donlee Drive (On the "D" hill) on Tuesdays from 4 to 7 pm.
To register, reserve a loom or for more information, call Sandra at 435-673-3273.