We meet the first Monday of each month from October to May at 5:30 pm. Starting in Sep, we will meet the third Monday of each month from Sep to Apr.
We meet at the Washington Branch of the Washington County Library System. The Washington Branch Library is at 220 N 300 E, Washington, UT. Look to your left when you come in the door and you will see a conference room which is where we meet.
At each meeting, we have a show and tell section where we show what we have been weaving and spinning.
Meeting Topics and Events
January 8, 2018. Monday, 5:30 pm. Branch Meeting. Discussion of the tapestries of Maximo Laura.
February 5, 2018. Monday, 5:30 pm. Branch Meeting. All About Spinning.
March 5, 2018. Monday, 5:30 pm. "Your Weaving/Spinning Jouney". Come prepared to talk about your journey to become a weaver or spinner.
April 2, 2018. Monday, 5:30 pm. Branch Meeting. We will have a program on rep weave. We will learn what it is, how it is designed, materials used and what it can be used for.
May 19, 2018. Saturday, 9 am. Our May meeting will be a dying workshop on Saturday, 19 May, from 9 am to 2 pm.
Everyone should bring their lunch and drinks. Directions will be sent later. The number of people that actually
dye and take home samples is limited to 12, but others can come and watch the workshop. Therefore, if you would like to
participate in hands on dying, be sure and contact me to get on the list before Friday, 20 April.
This will give Ivy time to order the materials. The workshop will cost $20 per person. You will bring your payment to the workshop.
- It will include basic dyeing techniques using safe, simple and fast Procion MX dyes. Learn to dye the color you choose not the color that chooses you!
- We will be exploring the unlimited number of hues possible by mixing only pure reds, yellows and blues of Procion MX dye.
- Teams of members will dye tencel yarn with formulas creating a color wheel of hues.
- Learn how to hand-dye fabrics, yarns, and fibers to create personal color story collections.
- Procion dyes require very little: Dye, Soda Ash (Sodium Carbonate), Salt, Water and Warmth. They are earth friendly as there are no heavy metal mordants needed.
- To sign up, contact Nancy Crowley at Nancy
At various events, we demonstrate weaving and spinning in order to get awareness and to tell people about our weaving branch. If you help at one of these events, there will be a warped loom with the weft available. You can weave on the loom or bring your own spinning wheel, inkle loom or card loom.
Here is a list of events we plan to participate in. Details will be posted for each event as they become available.
Dicken's Festival, St George Convention Center, Dec 2018.
The St. George Weaving Studio has classes at 400 S. Donlee Drive (On the "D" hill) on Tuesdays from 4 to 7 pm.
To register, reserve a loom or for more information, call Sandra at 435-673-3273.